- Oregon is the 10th largest state -- over 97,000 square miles.
- More than half it's nearly 4 million residents live around Portland.
- There is NO SALES TAX! Love buying things here.
- The state requires fuel stations pump gas for all customers! A lost service elsewhere.
- Pronounced OR-UH-GUN -- never OR-EE-GONE.
- Virtually all the hazelnuts in the US are grown here.
- Oregon's Crater Lake is the deepest in the country at 1943 feet.
- Hells Canyon (in northwest Oregon) is the deepest river-carved gorge in North America.
- Klamath Forest National Wildlife Refuge has the highest concentration of wintering bald eagles in the U.S.
- John Day fossil bed is the richest in the world.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Oregon Factoids And John Day
All this begs the question, "Who Is/Was John Day"?