Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Ozzie Goes Home... Kind Of.

From Junction West RV Park, Grand Junction, Colorado     Before going on to northern Utah, Wayne and I made a one-hundred mile detour from Moab to Colorado.

Our plan is to rendevouz with Ozzie's foster mom, Robin, for a visit. It will be the first since we adopted him in September of 2011.

Ozzie, waiting for Robin
While the campground was just a big gravel parking lot, it was a pretty good location for us to see Robin who would be driving in from Rifle. The sun was nice but the daytime temperature was too cool to enjoy being outdoors anyway so we settled for an indoor reunion.

Robin provides a foster home for dogs rescued through Breeder Release Animal Service (BRAS) in Bon Carbo, Colorado.  Ozzie was one of her many charges. He came from an Amish puppy mill and was a terrible mess until BRAS and Robin got veterinary care and grooming for him and gave him a new start in life. He was four years old when he was rescued. Robin fostered Ozzie for about five months before we saw him on and applied to adopt him.

But that was then. Nowadays Ozzie has his own Facebook page, Ozzie's Diary, where he posts important dogs stuff about his retirement travel life, Lexie, puppy mills, animal abuse, dogs available for adoption and other stuff. We never forget and always appreciate the good work done by Robin and all the other fine people who give homes and loving care to these pets. Without them, the rescues just couldn't be done.

Robin with Twit (L)and Mikey.  Ozzie (L) and Lexie are in my lap. 
As we knew it would be, our visit with Robin was wonderful but way too short. She brought along two of her fosters but could only stay for a couple of hours. We reminisced about our adoption application, our first meeting and Ozzie's life with us.

Lexie and Ozzie.... listening to every word and watching Robin's every move. Ozzie is scratching his left ear.
As often happens, Wayne found Grand Junction had a variety of big rig services so while there, he made appointments to have the coach serviced and to have a bent jack plate straightened. We stayed on for a second night at the campground and left late afternoon of the third day.

It was an enjoyable and productive stop, but too short.  From here we'll return to Utah and meet Pam, Ernie, Joyce and Charlie in Park City.

No comments:

Post a Comment